Popular Women

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Myth: Cancer may spread


Image

Currently, there are so many rumors about panyakit cancer that develops in the community. Fatal, these rumors often do not have this level of accuracy is clearly causing anxiety for most people.Call it for example, use deodorant so-called trigger cancer through the use of mobile phones which he said could increase the risk of brain cancer. To avoid any misperception about cancer, here we show some of the most popular myths and facts related to the development of cancer, as quoted Healthmeup:A. Myth: Cancer may spreadFact: In essence, people with a healthy body condition can not be infected through physical contact or by breathing the same air. This is only possible if you do the transplant of organs from people with cancer. In fact, cancer transmission from mother to child through the placenta is very unlikely.2. Myth: Hair dyes can cause brain cancerFact: You may have heard the statements and speculation regarding the relationship between hair dye use with brain cancer. Believe me, it's nothing but one of the many myths associated with cancer. The International Agency for Research on Canker (IARC) said, despite the risk of exposure to carcinogenic substances in the workplace, but the use of hair dyes do not cause harmful effects on humans.Myth 3: Cancer causes hair lossFact: This assumption is totally irrelevant. Hair loss is not a side effect of cancer therapy, but because of the effects of cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation. In fact, not all cancer patients who undergo this treatment will lose their hair.4. Myth: Cancer is derivedFact: You may often see a few members in a family with cancer. This is not surprising, given the fact that cancer is a common disease. In addition, different members within a family may be exposed to the same cancer-promoting factors such as smoking. However, in some cases, there is the possibility of cancer can be inherited, for example, ovarian cancer or colorectal cancer. However, it is important to note that this may happen if there is an abnormal gene and not because the cancer itself.5. Myth: All of the breast lump is cancerousFact: Do not panic if you have found a lump in your breast because not all breast lumps are cancerous. According to one study, more than 90 percent of breast lumps are not cancer. On the other hand, the diagnosis about 10 percent of breast cancer patients do not have the form of a lump in the breast. However, you should not worry if you remove the lump in the breast fluid and changing the shape or size.6. Myth: Deodorant can cause breast cancerFact: According to research released by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), there is no conclusive study that links between the use of deodorants and antiperspirants linked breast cancer risk. Rumor is thought to spread after a report that found that the content of aluminum in deodorants can penetrate the skin near the breast. This, in turn, encourages the growth of breast cancer cells. However, the NCI along with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to cancel the claims stating that these reports are not associated with substantial scientific explanation.Myth 7: Overuse of cell phones cause cancerFact: Some people believe that exposure to radio frequencies from cell phones may increase the risk of cancer. But there is no research that can explain the relationship between the two. While the report from the National Institute of Environmental Health Science, said that there is no scientific evidence that can conclusively explain the relationship between cell phones and cancer, and need more research on this.
source : kompas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels